BHU UET is the undergraduate entrance test for the students aspiring to study in the prestigious Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. BHU is one of the oldest universities in the country, in addition to being one of the best and most prestigious.
BHU UET is valid as an entrance test for the following courses:
- B.A. (Honours) – Arts, Social Science
- B.Com (Honours)
- B.Sc – Maths, Biology
- B.Sc Honours – Agriculture
- LLB (Honours)
- B.A. LL.B (Honours)
- Shastri Hons.
- B.Ed and B.Ed Special Education
- B.VOC (Vocational Courses) – Retail & Logistics, Hospitality and Tourism, Food processing & Management, Medical Lab technology
Keep in mind that you need to check eligibility criteria for these courses individually – that includes scoring more than 50% aggregate (and in the requisite subject for specialized degrees) in 10+2 examinations, age criteria, criteria related to stream and prerequisite degrees (for masters programs) and other miscellaneous criteria.
The BHU UET application is fully online – there will be no physical forms available for the same. The Registration is done through the online portal, steps for which are:
- Online Registration – you are required to enter details such as name, email I.D., password, gender, parents’ names, address and mobile number (email I.D. and mobile number must be accessible to you such that you can receive any future correspondence during the admission process and subsequently if you are admitted). After this step is completed, you are provided with an application number and a password.
- Fill the Application Form’s details – First, log in with the application number and password obtained above. When that is done, proceed to fill the application form’s personal details section – the name of candidate, nationality, state/U.T. of residence, identification number, and type (Aadhar/ UID, passport, voter card or any other valid government I.D.) and gender.
- Course-selection – Fill in the courses you wish to apply for (you can also check eligibility at the time of filling in the courses)
- Requisite Details – fill in your correspondence address, academic qualifications, and verify personal details.
- Pick Examination Centres – You are allowed to choose up to five centers, in order of preference. It is advisable to pick them in order of convenience and comfort so that getting to your center is not something you’re hassled about on exam day.
- Upload Documents – You are required to upload a recent color passport size photograph in jpeg format (file size must not be more than 100kB) along with your signature (in blue or black pen on a white sheet) in jpeg format (file size must not be more than 100kB)
- Confirm Details and edit if necessary – Review your details to ensure they are correct and edit them if necessary. Once you are satisfied, click on ‘Confirm and Submit.’
- Payment – S.C., S.T., and Physically Challenged Category students need to pay Rs. 300 as application fee for one course (Rs. 200 for Shastri Hons.) and an extra Rs. 200 for every additional course after that. Other students pay Rs. 600 as application fee for one course (Rs. 400 for Shastri Hons.) and an extra Rs. 400 for every additional course after that. You can pay online through credit card, debit card, or net banking or pay in cash at an HDFC bank branch with a copy of the Challan (you will need to upload the scanned student copy after payment to confirm application).
It is recommended that you print out a copy of your filled application and payment receipt for personal purposes, even though BHU will not ask for the same at any point.
“Admit cards will be released at least one week before the exam date.“